Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Games

Brett Favre Wins!!!  Wow, wow.  How about that guy, showing up at Lambeau yesterday?  40 years old?  Retired 4 or 5 times already?  No problem.  He looked like a little kid out there jumping up and down and pumping up his teammates.  You know those Packer Backers had to be a little befuddled.  Obviously upset that their team was losing but, way down deep, I bet that most were probably a little bit proud of their old horse.  Asking too much?  Too soon?  Maybe.  Well, probably.  But even still, it’s a good story.  For life.  And Life is more important than football, some would say.  Anyway, It looks like the Vikings might be for real after all.  Like for REAL for real :)  That’s just what it looks like.  Sorry to all my Packer Peeps!


So the 101D is currently on a two week break until Nov 16th when we re-up in Detroit.  And today I came out to LA to be with my girlfriend and later to visit my sister in San Diego.  (Also the Lakers and Clippers play home games here for the whole two weeks, which is pretty cool.  Doesn’t it seem like the Lakers NEVER play on the road?  They are Always at home!  I know because it’s always on tv and Jack Nicholson is always there… or the android that looks like Jack Nicholson and always wears those wraparound shades… is there.  Aw, I kid Jack.  There’s nothin wrong with being an android.  They have wonderful fashion sense  :)


So aaanywayz, I’m chillin at a lounge in Universal City at the moment watching the Monday night game between New Orleans and Atlanta.  (And trying to ignore the OTHER game on the tvs… something about a Series of Worlds or something, weird ugly teams playing in pin stripes, from Phili and New York apparently. Baseball is DEAD!)  I said earlier in this blog that I don’t do fantasy sports, and that is true.  But, I do do a little bit of what I like to call “fake-fantasy.”  There is a free game on espn.com, (where I spend just a little too much time reading about all of this wonderful stuff that doesn’t really matter in life :)  The game is called GridIron Challenge that some friends and I do every year because it’s low commitment level, and easy, and who ever is leading the pack gets to talk smack.  It’s basically fantasy football for people who don’t really have the time or the inclination to do fantasy football.  It’s like fantasy-lite.  Every week you pick 2 quarterbacks, 2 running backs, 2 WideOuts, a Tight End, and Kicker, and a defense, and hope for the best.  Well I’ve got three guys left and they’re all playing in this game tonight… which adds some intrigue.  So essentially, if fate is smiling on me today, 3 people that I’ve never met before, and almost certainly will never meet, playing a game thousands of miles away, that has nothing to do with me at all, on teams that I don’t even CARE about, will somehow make me feel good or bad about myself and allow me to either gloat or sulk in shame within my group of similar folk.  Very few girls get this :) These are strange times indeed!

 

Incidentally, they’re playing in the SuperDome in New Orleans tonight.  I saw the Saints play the Bears there once back when I was in highschool.  It really gets LOUD in there!  Those domes, boy.  So strange.  It’s like an out-of-body experience.  It’s like 80,000 people, all in the same room, preTENDing that they are outside :)  Nothing like mass-self-delusion.  It’s sports man.  It makes us crazy.  Just ask any Mets fan… okay that’s a different kind of delusion.  Aaaaah, We love this stuff!  Take care of yourself!!! :)


Oh and before the 101D took a break for two weeks... we had a Halloween party.  ZOyiKeS!!!  It was FUNNNN!!!






  Oh and uh... I should mention, it got a little cRaZY.

Introducing the newly crowned Miss 101D 2009 Ladies and Gentlemen!!!  Cue the music please.


No comments:

Post a Comment