Tuesday, October 6, 2009

TWINS WIN, TWINS WIN!!!

Holy Cow!  What a game!  The Twins out lasted the Tigers tonight and won with a walk-off RBI basehit in the 12th!  Soooo Dramatic.  I'm feeling badly right now for all of my Detroit Tigers fans tho.  It does complete something of a monumental collapse for them.  It hurts... it really does.  I know this to be true because those Blasted METS did it two years in a ROW!  But I'm not Bitter...

AAAARRRGGGGH!  and THIS year was even WORSE!  Baseball has been basically dead to me since June; right around the time when Carlos Delgado, Jose Reyes, Carlos Beltran, Gary Sheffield, and a couple of pitchers all got hurt at the SAME time.  YOuch!  Then later David Wright got drilled in the head with a pitch and the Mets lost a game on an unassisted triple play.  First time that had happened in like a HUNDRED years!  (Literally.)  just Bad BAD Luck :(

ANYway, as much as I'm bummed for my Detroit Tiger's peeps, coming to Minneapolis has righted my Baseball Soul.  Brought me back into balance so to speak.  This team has been on an Incredible run for the last month and they totally earned it tonight!  Inspiring!!  Baseball is BACK baby :)  Well, they have to head to the Bronx for a game tomorrow night, so we'll see how that plays out.  Bloody Yanks... I would love for the Twins to knock them out.  But regardless, EVERYone in this town is STOKED just to be there!  I tell ya, BRET FAVRE one night, TWINS the next.  This place is a hotbed for spectacular Sports Stories!!! 
 
Oh and by the way, the Vikings won a Great game last night too.  The Crazies in the pubs were quite happy.  More on that Laaaater.
Goodnight now
J
 

1 comment:

  1. I knew we had some kind of soul connection. Go Mets... there's always next year... this year IS next year... well, there's always next year...

    ReplyDelete